Just be you!

Just be you!

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Pieces of Me



Ever since I can remember it has only been me, my mom, and my sister. Just us three, a women household, you can imagine the estrogen wars. But I can definitely say I've had the most amazing childhood, adolescent years, and life. I can't deny at the beginning it was tough on me, growing up without a dad, and having been able to understand, but it has definitely given me that strong will that now defines me. As I grew, and understood the complexities of life itself it gave me the sense of pursuit from mainly a woman's perspective of developing to a professional and dedicate myself to the things I love. My main goal, to worship my mother and give her everything she deserves for all the hard work she went through raising us as a single mother. Knowing the marvelous job she executed helping us develop and grow up, I've always said: "I want to work so you no longer have to". 

Now that my sister and I are already in college the dynamic has changed a little, she studies at Iowa Stat University. The house is definitely not quite the same without her. I miss her a lot all the time (even though I play tough) and every time we take her to the airport the water works are a spectacle. 

Every house hold is different, the dynamic, the rules... but it's certainly that uniqueness which defines us and let's us evolve and develop as individuals. As for my part, the love I feel for my family transcends anything I could imagine, through thick and thin it's always us against the world.


3 comments:

  1. I love your determination on pursuing you goals and giving your mom all she deserve. It's really inspiring reading how you understoud why you only grew up with your mom and having the determination to be a better self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The love of family is one of the strongest. Never let that go !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what it feels like to grow up the majority of your life with only one parent and this can be very challenging. Yet this situation only makes you grow closer to those that are still with you.

    ReplyDelete